Re: Commercial ads on the Tiger List

To: "tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Commercial ads on the Tiger List
From: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 04:05:58 -0800
look at it two ways.  Anyone who had a real business would crash it if he
put the time into trying to sell  things piece by piece on e-Bay, even at
the prices commanded there.  So as noted by others, these singulars are a
service to those with ongoing restorations who haven't figured out what to
do with their Xmas money yet.
     The other way is to envision Curt emailing the entire catalogue section
of his site once a month to the list.  Which, as noted, you could delete
with a tap if not interested.  B.F.D., I.M.H.O.  Many of the threads on this
list go on and on about matters that leave the car behaind and delve into
the arcane or the clubby.  'sOK, my delete button is fine tuned.
     But since there are only two real commercial Sunbeam enterprises both
of whom have the good sense to tend  to their business rather than spamming
the list, what IS the potential problem here?  Ban Barry?  Junk Jan?  If the
list is about mutual support, what exactly do we class parts exchange as?

Chris Hill