Re: Cigar Lighter

To: laceyf@crosslink.net
Subject: Re: Cigar Lighter
From: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 00:05:21 EST
In a message dated 03/26/2000 8:16:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
laceyf@crosslink.net writes:

>  I wish to replace the metal plate which covers the hole for the
>  optional cigar lighter. I don't smoke but a cellular phone would be
>  nice.  According to the BON page 113, the
>  lighter should be black knob and silver trim. Does anyone know of one I
>  can purchase which looks similar to the original.  I mean does Napa, car
>  quest, etc. have one which looks close enough to the original to look
>  good?

I doubt that anything Napa has would be close.  The Sunbream cigarette
lighter knob is a unique piece which matches the windshield washer knob,
except that the lighter knob has an additional, small polished spacer behind
it.  The Alpine choke knob is a similar design, and the plastic heater
control knobs on later Sunbeams are minatures of the above.

Dick