Re: Mk II grill on ebay

To: mmeswarb@itexas.net
Subject: Re: Mk II grill on ebay
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:47:54 EDT
Years ago, Wally Swift had some perfect MK II repro grills
made in stainless.  He couldn't get anyone to buy the few
he had made.  I remember seeing them at SUNI I and II as
well as some TE/AE Uniteds.  Perhaps this is one of those.
If so, its better than original and beats having nothing.

Based upon the overwhelming response of MK II owners, he
dropped the idea of having repro wheel well trims made.
The MK II owners saw no need to support the effort and
now will stew in their own juices.

How many times has someone gone to considerable time
effort and money to make a part only to have people walk
away because they think the price is too high.  Remember
the horn rings that Rick and Tiger Tom had made.  I bet
they didn't make millions on that effort.

Remember the guy selling the LAT 9's repros at SUNI III.
He didn't sell one.  Why should anyone go through such
an effort to have someone say $250 a wheel is too much.

I always tell owners that if they find what they are looking
for, pay the man the price, for you may never see one again.
I had an aluminum valve cover for the Alpine with the 'S'
that I had polished.  Couldn't get a nibble at $100.  Finally
sold it for $50.  That just covered my cost of having it
polished.

Dave Johnson, B382002668, Aurora, IL