RE: Mk II grill on ebay

To: "'DJoh797014@aol.com'" <DJoh797014@aol.com>, mmeswarb@itexas.net
Subject: RE: Mk II grill on ebay
From: Theo Smit <TSMIT@isotel.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:16:15 -0600
Hi all,
I would venture to say that, based on the general quality of original
British trim pieces (be they potmetal, stainless, electrical, or otherwise),
ANY reproduction piece made in the last decade is going to be more
serviceable than the original or NOS piece. That extends to the original
LAT-70's (and maybe the LAT-9's too), if the porosity stories I've heard are
true. Unless you are absolutely bent on having only factory (or dealer)
Rootes pieces on your Tiger, there is no reason to shun reproductions that
are made to a higher standard than the originals, and more affordable to
boot. The only people that have to know about repro parts on your Tiger are
you, and the person you sell the car to.

Regards,
Theo
B382002705, a beautiful collection of original and reproduction Tiger parts.