Re: Pollution

To: msmall@roanoke.infi.net, Laifman@flash.net, laceyf@crosslink.net
Subject: Re: Pollution
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 22:15:41 EDT
My quick 2 cents on government regulation.  Having experience with drinking
water standards in two different states, I found that the requirements in one
were about 5 times as strict as the other.  The answer I received was that
the legislature in one state adopted the Federal recommended standard and the
other didn't.

My guess would be that if there ever is an option for a state to adopt or not
adopt a Federal standard - Calif. would be the second to jump on adopting -
right behind Vermont.    Mark L.