progress?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: progress?
From: "Chris Vaught" <CVaught@Hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 19:41:40 -0700
well i started finishing the new dash that i cut. i can actually cut one out
in about four hours at the wood shop. well after i put on three coats i
sanded and put on a fourth coat. to my surprise it bubbled up. i will have
to let it dry for a few days to sand it and see if i have to start all over.
i am using Olympic varnish with UV protection. i also have been touching up
my old dash (which i also cut out) and i looks great! i finally got around
to replacing the alternator (bad diode) with a nice chrome one. i tried to
fire her up but i have a shorted wire. the big double white one on the
ignition switch. i will figure it out when i have a dash to put all of the
wires on. i unhooked the alt totally and it was still grounded. i put some
generic carpet in and leather seats. the carpet looks bad but i need some
sound deadening. i also painted the top frame, engine bay braces, the
original air cleaner, roll bar, and my fan shroud. the aluminum rad should
be in by UPS in the morning. and i put on a new starter solenoid, the old
one would stick when hot (  ALL THE TIME!!  ). that about somes up my
weekend.
enjoy
chris in hawaii