It's hot

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: It's hot
From: Dave Binkley <dbinkley@argotech.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 19:31:38 -0700
Steve - it was as hot here in northern CA.  I measured 104 on my outside
digital thermometer around 2 PM.  Drove the Tiger three times today.  In the
morning over to DeAnza College for the Duel at DeAnza autocross.  Got to see
Terry & Maria Taylor, Matthew and Nicole (soon-to-be) Taylor, Stan Clark and
John Peterson run their Tigers in the autocross.  Of the group, Stan had the
fastest time.  The crowd sure likes to see the Tigers run.  Stan's car
sounds so good with the 2 1/4 inch exhaust and Flowmasters.  Probably how
Larry Wright's sounds.

In the heat of the afternoon, I decided to take the Tiger up the freeway to
see how hot it would get.  The gauge got up to 210.  Checked it as soon as I
got back to the garage with the Fluke meter and it said 204.

After dinner took the Tiger out again, this time for gas.  Much cooler,
maybe 95. What the heck, another run up the freeway and home on some back
roads in the foothills.

Next Saturday we have a fun run autocross with the Ferrari Club and the
Shelby Club at Treasure Island.

Aren't these great cars!

Dave