Re: Pads for Sunbeams

To: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pads for Sunbeams
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 09:31:17 -0700
Jay,

What you say is very true and probably worth mentioning. However, I doubt
that the (real) Cobra I was following at 1/2 a car length at 120 mph into
turn one a Willow Springs last year gave a rat's patootie how long my
rotors were going to last. The stock brakes are, IMHO, the weakest factor
in the 130+ mph Tiger. Using organo-metallic or carbon-metallic pads and
linings can significantly improve the braking capability, albeit at some
sacrifice of rotor lifetime. I will reiterate my suggestion though that
swapping the pads from time to time will even out the wear and extend the
life of the rotors. BTW, after the Willow event I spoke of, I put on a new
set of rotors for the first time since 1978.

TTFN,

Bob