inquiry 050500b

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 050500b
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 06:55:43 -0500
        Dick Barker wrote:

>If you should run across Rick in Sydney,
>would you please do one of the following:

>a.  Punch the bastard in the nose, recover
>the air cleaner, and bring it back to me.

>b.  Punch the bastard in the nose, extract
>$500US from him, and bring it back to me.

>c.  Bring the bastard back to me.

        Last year, I was finishing up the suspension work, etc, on the GQ
(remember "underneath"?) and I needed a few things ASAP; I called Tiger Tom
Earhardt. I guess I sounded a bit frazzed to get the stuff (brake lines, I
think), so Tom said he'd ship them on down and I could send a check up to
him, instead of waiting for payment first. Darned nice of him.
        About 6 weeks or so later, I got a fax from Joanne Earhardt. "Larry,
umm, we haven't seen that check yet." I was soooo embarrassed. TT broke "the
rules", just for me, and this is how I repay him? Or, to be more accurate,
don't repay him? Sheesh!
        Now, the idea of Tom Earhardt really, really mad doesn't seem half
as scary as Dick Barker really, really mad -- but I got that check to him
ASAP, I assure you!
        Having such trust extended to you carries the responsibility to be
worthy of such trust with it. It is possible, I expect, even within the
Tiger community, that there might be someone who does not feel that way. :^(

        Larry Wright
        "I can't get no-- Satis-Traction"