cooling

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: cooling
From: "Chris Vaught" <CVaught@Hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 16:13:02 -0700
well i drove about ten miles or so at 80 mph and at about 210 degrees,i was
happy. in traffic it is still bad though. it is not a daily driver so i can
live with that for a while. the black in the rad also came out with the
preston flush. i pulled the top hose and checked the thermostat housing
which has alot of zinc in it, all is fine. cullen told me about the zinc in
the mr gasket housing. it will protect your aluminum. zinc is a great
protector for galvanic corrosion. my navy job is nuclear water chemistry. i
know it was a severe choice but i chose it any way. i will take a sample of
the coolant to the lab in the morning and test the pH as well as the
conductivity. we do have deionized water at work that i could use to fill
her up. less then .1 chloride, 7.0 pH and 1.0 cond. it would cool better
being pure water.
chris in hawaii