RE: INQUIRY 051000E (follow up)

To: "'Laifman@flash.net'" <Laifman@flash.net>
Subject: RE: INQUIRY 051000E (follow up)
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 11:53:05 -0500
-----Original Message-----
                >From:  Steve
                >My congratulations on an amusing "T-Port" tale.

                        I'm glad you liked it. Actually, I was in the 1st
couple of pages of Michael Chrichton's "Timeline", I don't know how it turns
out but in the beginning they're talking about matter transmission, or
teleportation, or whatever. Anyhow, my mind started going sideways, and the
concept popped out. Had to share it...

                > On long drives it would
                >probably be useful in the front seat, instead of another
vessel. {8->

                        Ooh. Could've used that yesterday. :^) Just better
not get the signals crossed, and T-ship the contents into the Slurpee
machine at 7-11 !

                >Of course, you have missed the best punch line in the
world.
>Your driver is way out in the toolies, not having to worry about
                >supplies, when everything just STOPS! The entire T-Port
system was
                >energized by his Lucas electrical system, which suddenly
'did it's
                >thing'.

                        I hadn't thought of that, The Prince makes himself
felt in so many ways. Funny! 8^D
                        Hey! Ya know, I didn't say _who_ developed T-ports;
it could have been Lucas. Oh, shoot, just imagine carrying a hammer to pound
on them when they stop working.

                >Thanks for the fun.

                        Well, considering I don't know the tensile strength
of con-rod bolts...

                        Larry Wright
                        "I can't get no-Satis-Traction"

                        PS: Here's another thought. All of the SF I've read
that mentions teleporting indicate it involves digitalizing the item,
reducing it to a data stream. Well, how about editing the data stream
in-transit? Take an old body shell, T-ship it, edit out the paint and rust,
edit in new metal. Mebbe even new paint. The question is, would that be
called removing the ID plate when ya digitalize it, or not?  Next step,
T-ship "X" pounds of steel, and a new Tiger body shell pops out the other
end!