Roof and roof bag and other stuff

To: "'Tiger News Group List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roof and roof bag and other stuff
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 17:06:44 -0500
Listers,
I just went through all kinds of hoops to get the stretchy stuff that was
used on my roof to hold the center of the top up. Found it at a furniture
construction place called Simmering Upholstery in Calgary for $10 (probably
too much but I got sick of driving all over). The powder coated rook frame
looks great and after 6 evenings tinkering I have the side glass aligned
perfectly with the convertible top frame. It looks as though it may even
keep water out. This will come in handy as I am not going to be relocating
to SoCal and it snowed here yesterday so to Tiger in Calgary I definitely
need a working roof.

I have a question: the bag that the top falls into when you put the roof
down on my car is different than Theo's as his seems to mount at the lower
side in such a way as you are able to see the back of the rear seat tub.
Mine on the other hand has the chunk of fabric stitched to a plastic molding
strip that clips onto the rear pinch weld immediately in front of the shock
covers. On the top of the piece it is riveted below the sail panel (the
piece in front of the trunk lid) with 2 pieces of tin slid inside the top
edge for rigidity. How is it supposed to attach??

Lastly, I had my seat side covers powder coated by a friend who owns a
company called Top Gun Coatings in Calgary with a coating called black
wrinkle. It looks incredibly similar, if not identical, to the original
wrinkle coating done by Rootes and it matches the little pug that covers the
choke hole in the dash in color and texture. They really turned out great!!
He also did my roof frame and it turned out excellent as well.

Looks like a couple of people are back on the air damn kick. Now that my car
runs and drives in summer weather I may start to work on that again although
I just spotted and area where the generator has been rubbing against the
brake line on the right side of the engine bay. So in the interest of safety
I am going to fix that first and I recall that there is something unique
about the brake fluid. I have toped it up with DOT 3 fluid in the past. Not
much but am I endangering my life here or what? Sounds like I need new motor
mounts as well and I am going to do them with headers and new exhaust.

Best regards,
Tim