Dash pad & Windshield Alignment

To: <larry.p@erols.com>
Subject: Dash pad & Windshield Alignment
From: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 23:24:17 -0600
Larry,

    Thanks for the information, especially on the windshield alignment. I
had heard and read comments about trimming new pads. Called the company that
supplied mine to see what they say and they say it's not necessary. If you
ask me after gluing it down and mounting everything, It's necessary. Seems
everything is just a little out of whack. Looks like I'm going to have to go
back and do a very careful job of trimming the pad. This should have been
done before final installation. My suggestion to anyone doing this is to
trim the padding under the vinyl and leave the vinyl intact. This way the
windshield will keep the dash pad from curling and lifting. I used to have a
Land Rover and the dash pad on it curled at the windshield. Nothing holding
it down in that area. With temps over 100  a regular daily occurrence, dash
pads that are not held down seem to lift up and roll back. I imagine it
would do the same on the Tiger if not held down by the windshield.

Dan Eiland