Re: Rear Window Trim Clips.

To: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>,
Subject: Re: Rear Window Trim Clips.
From: Stu Brennan <sbrennan@master.ncounty.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 22:38:57 -0400
Soooo I'm sitting at work while I'm supposed to be thinking about the
latest software rev, and it suddenly comes to me that I actually bought
TWO sets of these clips many years back.  I lost the first, bought the
second, then refound the first when I moved, but never put them all
together, etc., and only found one set when I went looking this winter.
So this evening I plunged into my boxes and bins in search of the other
set.  No luck, but I found something even better.  One of the ORIGINAL
clips, that was in a container of odd screws and other fittings as
supplied by the previous owner.

Well guess what!  The contours on my original clip match the new one
exactly, with the exception of the hardtop/gasket tab being at a
slightly different angle.  The old one was shinier, though.  The old one
had some sort of glue on it, the same stuff I had to melt off the ends
of my trim when I was cleaning it up.

So these clips must be OK, they just won't slide under the edge of the
hardtop easily.  More investigation is needed.  Next weekend maybe.

Stu