Looking For A Trans.

Subject: Looking For A Trans.
From: SJC Worldwide <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 19:32:38 -0700
Hello Sunbeamers:
I'm very happy with my new MK1A but of course I am compelled to spend
more money on it. I'm getting a hi-po radiator, kevlar brake pads and
new rear springs.  I'm probably getting a new wood dash, seatbelts, a
stereo,  and I'll be installing A/C before Tigers United, etc. etc.
(please, Lord Rootes, help me stop spending more and more Sunbeam
money!!!!!????!!!). Next item is a possible...a 5 speed transmission.
Has anyone on the list done a 5 speed for less than the pay someone to
do it price of around $3,000? I'd be very happy to find a used 5 speed
setup and rebuild it if needed since I can't justify (although I'm sure
I could if I give myself enough time to convince myself) the money for
that extra gear at the new trans. price. I do know that when I added
overdrive to my now ex-Alpine, it totally transformed the car for the
better and I think a 5 speed on the Tiger , given the heavy freeway
driving I do each day, would have the same effect.

Help and suggestions will be most appreciated.

Steve Sage