Cooling system

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cooling system
From: bob melusky <bmelusky@netscape.net>
Date: 20 Jun 00 18:15:34 PDT
Bob, Steve, Chris, et al:

I put my new Fluidyne radiator in over the weekend along with a Gano filter,
new water pump, plus a Scott's Mfg pusher fan set up for manual control. The
result was 170 degree operating temp using a 180 degree thermostat on an 85
degree day. It will creep to 200 w/o the pusher running if I let it idle for a
long duration. I think I'll try a 195 'stat and see if that bumps the temp up
slightly before I tinker with a bypass restriction.
A good problem as opposed to 220 and climbing.

I'm looking forward to some HOT weather to see how it does in traffic, but
with a 30 degree drop in temperature, I think it will do just fine.

Now with all this extra cooling capacity, it is clear that I need more
power....

Thanks again to all for the help and advice.

melusky