Two Portlands??? LAT????

To: sbrennan@ncounty.net, "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Two Portlands??? LAT????
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 09:35:26 -0700
Stu Brennan wrote:

> Ummm.....Steve?  Hello?  Both of these meets are in Portlands, and both
> are near large bodies of salt water, but that's where the similarity
> ends.  TE/AE is doing Maine, while the other folks are doing Oregon.
>
> Stu

Whoops!

{8-<  You mean to tell me that someone named an East Coast city after a West
Coast
city???   I guess there is a first time for everything. {9->  Sorry I was so
confused.

Seriously, I was so busy editing I didn't read the post closely enough (like the
STATE, FGS).  I was wondering, when it was first posted, why Tigers EAST/Alpines
EAST was holding an event out here. Posting right under TU XXIV in Grants Pass
Oregon probably affected me.

Apologize for the confusion in me.  Still have a concern about the All British
Field Meet date, which IS in Portland - OREGON.

Chagrined and Embarrassed.

On another note, I just wrote a bit including the word "LAT", which I said meant
"Los Angeles Tigers".  Ramon Spontelli said I was mis-leading those who would
take
Tiger quizzes for contest points and give my answer.  He said the correct
meaning
of LAT is "Los Angeles Terminal", and I might be responsible for causing an
entrant
the First Prize.

Not wanting to be responsible for such a heavy burden, seriously, I tried to
research it.  While Mike Taylor discusses LAT, he never reveals it's origin.
Gordon Chittenden also discusses LAT, without a definition.  TBON (Norman),
however, clearly asserts it is the "Los Angeles Tigers".  And,  so far, Dick
Barker
has not stepped in with the historically correct name, if this is wrong.

So quiz takers, please do not use my e-mail as your authority on this, I am
just as
uncertain as you may be, having been involved with the Porsches during that
period.

Thanks for the wave-length,

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/