LAT means...

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: LAT means...
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 13:10:55 -0400
I'll try to be as delicate as I can about this.

I'm glad that you want to wait for more feedback about the origin of
"LAT", but to wait for one certain responder for the definitive answer
is nonsense.

If you want to use an answer from a previously published source, one is
Bill Carrolls book, TIGER-AN EXCEPTIONAL MOTORCAR...

    "...when questioned to the reason for the identification, LAT, as
referring to performance options, Garrad replied "that was simple. Our
computer printout identified all of the special Tiger items as Los
Angeles Tiger (LAT)  as separate from parts arriving from England. So it
was logical, really, to just number the options and label them to match
computer terminology."

Knowing this, I think the real logical person to verify this could be
Bill Carroll, because Ian is no longer with us.

Also, knowing that Ramon also has been in the Tiger hobby for a long
time, and thinking that he's also seen the Carroll book, as Dick
probably has, does he think Bill Carroll got it wrong.