RE: Wire gauge

To: "'Hal436@aol.com'" <Hal436@aol.com>, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Wire gauge
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 08:51:22 -0600
Hi Hal,

Absolutely. Somewhere (I'll look it up) there is a table for the current
capacity of the different wire gauges, but the dash lighting totals about 20
watts (5 x 4 watts?) so the total current draw (and the total that the
ground wires have to conduct) is about an amp and a half. No problem, even
for a couple of feet of 24 gauge.

Other things to check for dim lighting:
1. Bulbs where the filaments have deposited onto the inside of the bulb over
time - replace the bulb
2. Dirt etc. in the gauge housings
3. Dirt on the back side of the gauge glass - disassemble and clean
everything, and it makes a huge difference.

Regards,
Theo