turn signal

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: turn signal
From: "Parfitt, Bill @ PDX" <BParfitt@GlacierNW.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 01:24:08 -0700
Listers, I need your help!!

     While a friend of mine was driving my Tiger, the turn signal came off
in his hand! I ordered  the turn signal repair kit from SS and got a new
spring leg and rivet. It was the spring leg that broke. Unfortunately , the
instructions are somewhat vague and tells me to "note orientation of
components during disassembly". I am sitting here with five pieces already
dissassembled!!  they are 1) the turn signal arm 2) a new rivet 3) a small
spring 4) a small copper piece that looks like a contact and 5) the new
spring leg. One of the directions states "reassemble spring and contact and
secure contact block with the two screws". What screws? I have only removed
the bottom sleeve on the steering wheel and have hesitated removing the top
until I talk to one of you folks Please help!

Regards, Bill in Portland Or.