Re: Fan on Ebay

To: wwwdg@webtv.net (David & Gary Franchi), tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fan on Ebay
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:56:09 -0700
David,

Viewed from the front, American engines generally, including Ford small
blocks in particular, rotate clockwise. Fans usually have the leading edges
straight and the trailing edges curved, so if the fan turns the same
direction as the engine, then it looks to me like we must be looking at the
front of the "LAT-42" fan and, perhaps, the back side of the Capri fan
(although it sure looks like the front). The same picture of the LAT-42
appears on page 85 of TBON. Norm says that the LAT-42 designation was
probably a clerical error and it was really LAT-32 since LAT-42 also
designates the knock-off spinners and hubs.

Bob