Re: New engine

To: "Chris J. Richards" <richards@northcoast.com>
Subject: Re: New engine
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 07:58:24 -0400
Hi Tim.  I put a 1990 5.0L in my Tiger, and here is what I did.

 I used a GM 1 wire alternator, and a stock Ford alternator bracket,
sort of a triangle shape, very common, then applied a hammer to get the
clearance, and spacers for alignment with crank pulley.

The water pump is an alum pump off a 79 Fairlane, with the hub removed,
flipped, ground down, and pressed on to the proper depth, which is very
close to the pump body.  You can do this with a press, without hurting
the seal, as the pump shaft on the inside is far enough from the pump
body so the shaft is independent of the body.

The crank pulley is from March and is for a Ford 460, and it bolts right
up to the crank.

With the pulley setting the alignment for the alternator and water pump
pulley, the alignment is to within .100".

The heads with the Tiger valve covers had no fit problems with the firewall.

Sorry I can't help you on the flywheel and bell housing, as I used a T-5
for a trans.  If you add this, let me know, and I can provide some more
info.

Thanks John Logan, who got me started in this direction, and was a great help.

Good luck.

Larry

BTW, I like the T-5.