New Tires

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Tires
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 11:52:25 -0700
Listers,

It is once again time to replace my front two tires, so I went online to
Tire Rack and checked out the latest and greatest. The following
competition tires had me drooling: Yokohama A032R, Dunlop SP Sport 9000 and
Hoosier A3S03, all available in my sizes (205/50-15 & 225/50-15).  However
the prices for these beauties ranged from $134-168. I am on my third set of
Yokohama AVS Intermediate and have (obviously) liked them a lot for all
around street and track driving. They are certainly not up to the barely
DOT approved race tires like the Hoosiers, but quite good for a street tire
that you might occasionally slalom race. It turns out that Yokohama still
makes this tire and, at the price, it's hard to beat. They come in 13" and
14" diameters too. Two 205/50ZR15 tires, including tax and shipping came to
$147.32. They should arrive at my house on Wednesday or Thursday latest.
Just in time for a trip to Tigers United in Grants Pass??

Bob