Re: Hard Top Caddy

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hard Top Caddy
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:53:58 -0400
I received several requests to put the dimensions of the hard top caddy
on the lists, so here goes.

Construction Time - 2 Hours
List of materials

Base - 2"x2' Alum Tube, 4 Casters, 4 Angles made of 1.5"x1.5" Alum
Angle, cut to fit to connect base parts
Vertical Back - 1.5"x1.5" Alum Angle
Top Horizontal Bar - 2"x2" Wood
Side Diagonal Brace - 1.5"x1.5" Alum Angle
Back Diagonal Brace - 1/5"x1.5" Alum Angle
Connect pieces with nuts and bolts
Cover Alum and Wood with Pipe Insulation, where Hard Top will hit metal
Top Horizontal Bar is wood, extending farther than Hard Top sides, with
Pipe Insulation at ends to protect paint of Hard Top when it rests on
the top horizontal bar.

                     TOP VIEW OF BASE

                           Back 24"
                    /------------------\
                   /                    \  Diagonal sides 24"
                  /                      \
                 /                        \
                /                          \
               /----------------------------\
                           Front 35"

                          SIDE VIEW

                     |#  asterisk is 2"x2" Wood Bar at Top of Back
       Back Height   |
          33.5"      |

                     |\
                     | \  Diagonal Brace 12"
                     |  \
                     |---\-------
                      O         O  Wheels

                        BACK VIEW

                 ---|-----------------------|---   Top Horizontal Bar is
2"x2"x45" Wood
                    |\                      |      Back Height 33.5
                    |   \                   |      Diagonal Brace 34"
(Not to Scale)