chris vaught is in texas

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: chris vaught is in texas
From: cvaught@hawaii.rr.com
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:56:06 -1000
First i would like to thank Buck for picking me up at the airport. without him
i would still be on the road. THANK YOU!!
My trip to texas was long but it was good. i fully expected the tiger to break
down somewhere along the way. i had to travel 1600 miles and its longest trip
had beed 15 miles or so. the only hitch was it overheated in a traffic jam
before
i got out of la. i just pulled over and waited for traffic to clear and i was
on my way. i cleaned to gano filter just before i hit the arizona border. OH
get this! with a hooley 600 DP i still got 15 miles per gallon!!!! i got lots
of attention along the way! i even got a phone number but i chunked it. i hydro
plained on a wet patch in the road and nearly hit the ditch. i need to lose
the wide tires! 1600 miles for a shake down run is a long way! i dont even want
to sit in that car right now! well i have familoy and friends to visit!!!! i
have not been home in over a year. lets all give our best wishes to the russian
boat on the bottom. it looks bad but maybe they will pull through.
thanks again buck!!!! and the rest of you guys!!!!
chris in texas!!!!!!!
PS chris in trinadad send me your address again