Smog laws again

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Smog laws again
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:29:50 -0700
I found this on another list.  I realize it apparently doesn't mean much
for our Sunbeams (at least based upon what this author says).  But, I
figure some of us may be interested because of other cars.  Jay

For those of you that own a late 70s motor vehicle, your rights to current
law are being taken away.....SB 1811, passed by the Senate May 31 ,2000 and
submitted to the assembly will repeal the current law that will give a
rolling 30 year exemption from smog checks for all cars starting in
2004....if passed by the assembly the bill will stabilize the exemption to
vehicles manufactured prior to 1975 ONLY.............

If you feel this is wrong, PLEASE contact your local assembly person and
voice your opposition....

A while back, I posted that I had spoken with the author's aide, and he
stated that the exemption section was to be deleted prior to passage....I
speculated on the list that I don't trust politicians and the weenies that
work for them....well I was right and that section is still in
there.....lying sack of dog manure....

So make your calls if want your late 70s vehicle to be exempt....call
early,
call often....SB 1811 was passed 40-0 in the Senate.....someone is pushing
this bill, and they don't have your interests at heart......can you say
smog
shop lobby????

And before you ask....yes I am smog nazi, but this really bites....any car
that lasts 30 years on the road should get a break, not be subjected to
smog
parts speculators....when your NLA parts break...

Rant mode off, fire up the barbee, have a beer.....