RE: A Tiger in Dubai?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: A Tiger in Dubai?
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:41:56 -0600
You have my sympathies, Mark.

My most recent trip (2 weeks ago):
Leave Calgary 4 PM sunday, fly to Toronto. Arrive at about 9:30 PM local.
Leave Toronto Sunday 11 PM, fly to Tel Aviv. Arrive Monday at about 6 PM.
Meetings Tuesday.
Meetings Wednesday.
Meetings Thursday.
Flight scheduled at 1:30 AM Friday morning actually leaves at about 2:30 AM,
after we've already sat in the plane for about 90 minutes, and after
enduring the Israeli security interrogation.
Flight arrives in Toronto at 7:45 AM. Do customs, miss connecting flight.
Rebook on the 9 AM flight to Calgary. Phone Sherry (it's 6:15 AM in Calgary)
- she's not impressed.
9 AM flight actually leaves at 9:30. Arrive in Calgary at about 11:00.
Sherry meets me but locked the keys in her car. I didn't bring my keys. The
airline didn't put my luggage on my flight. Take taxi home, sans luggage,
but with (by this time) a very unhappy and vocal 2 month old.
12:30 PM Friday: Retrieve keys, back to the airport to pick up Sherry's car.

1 PM: Back at the office catching up on some email. Airline delivers luggage
at home later in the afternoon.

For my next stunt I'm going to test United Airlines' ability to lose stuff
on the way to Albequerque, Sept 6-8. Anyone out there? It looks like I'll
have Thursday evening and part of Friday morning/afternoon free.

Regards,
Theo