TE/AE United

To: Tiger Email Network <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: TE/AE United
From: Stu Brennan <sbrennan@master.ncounty.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 22:59:36 -0400
Well, most of you missed another good one.  It was a bit smaller than we
had hoped, but the TE/AE United was great fun for all involved.  Now, I
do admit a certain bias here, since I was one of the organizers.

The highlight of our local activities was a chance to walk through Bob
Bahre's garage.  Imagine a garage with about a dozen gorgeous '30's
Packards lined up along one wall.  But you are only half paying
attention to them because of the dozen Duesenburgs lined up against the
other wall.  Then you go downstairs, where he has the Ferraris and the
Tucker and the trophies from Pebble Beach and Meadowbrook and....It
seems Mr.Bahre has a dollar or two, and knows how to spend them wisely.
He is the owner of the New Hampshire speedway where NASCAR runs, and I
believe he has his fingers into a couple other NASCAR tracks also.

And our 60 mile route from Portland to Bahre's scenic South Paris
hilltop location took us past every scenic lake in southern Maine, or so
it seemed.

All in all, it was a fun weekend.

Stu Brennan