2000 United

To: Tiger News Group <tigers@autox.team.net>, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: 2000 United
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 07:13:21 -0400
Most of us are back from the Portland, Maine  TEAE United, so now's a
good time to thank those of helped me with the Concours, and there were
a lot of folks.

Throughout life, you hear certain phrases that don't mean too much at
the time, but gradually you experience something that  gives them
meaning for you. For me, last weekend brought about the real meaning of
" I couldn't do it without you".

I'm very grateful to the following folks who did the judging:

    Tom Calvert
    John Webber
    Rick McCurdy
    Dan Fitzgerald
    Tom Ehrhart
    John Logan
    Jim Morrison
    Dave Kellogg
    Dana Freeman
    Stu Brennan
    Eric Gibeaut
    Carl Moon
    Scott Woerth

If I’ve left off you name, just slap me at the next United, and say,
"Bellman, you know what that's for".

I would also like to thank Jim and Pat Morrison and Dan Fitzgerald for
tabulating the scores, and Jim and John Webber for coordinating the
photos of the winners for the awards banquet.

Thanks also to the folks who brought their cars to  Fort Preble for the
Concours. I think this is the first time I've seen as many Alpines as
Tigers at a show. We also had a fair amount of unrestored daily driver
cars in the show, and I applaud the owners for driving these cars to
Portland.

Thanks to Dave Kellogg and Phil Perron for putting on a great autocross
on Sunday. The TEAE portion of the event was great fun to watch. You
haven't seen everything until you've seen Wally Swift not just run the
autocross, but run competitively, something most of us can only dream
will happen when we reach 80 yrs.

As Jim said at the banquet, none of us in the organizing committee live
in Portland, so it is especially remarkable that Jim Morrison and Robert
Jaarsma were able to coordinate all of the details needed to put on the
United, and make many trips 2-3 hours away from their homes and families
to make this happen.

Thanks to all of you.

Rande Bellman