My New Engine?

Subject: My New Engine?
From: SJC Worldwide <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:09:45 -0700
Hello Everyone:
As some of you know, I've been studying what engine to transplant into
my 1967 MK1A with its current 260. I want a lot more horsepower and
acceleration and I've pretty much narrowed it down to a Ford Motorsport
302, either the 320 or the 345HP version, both of them under $3500 each.
Has anyone put one of these in and, if so, how did it turn out? I'm also
going to go to a 5 speed at the same time so I've got to make the
decision on which one can handle the extra torque.

In the meantime, I'm also considering a bit more "juice" than the
Motorsport engines can put out so I'm considering a motor I found on the
following web site. True, it's a Chevy and not a Ford V8, but for just a
little bit more money, it would seem to give me a bit more "get up and
go". The web site that lists this engine is:
www.tigerperformance.com/510sc.asp

Let me know what you guys (and gals) think.

Regards,
Steve Sage