Re: I let the smoke out!

To: Rick Hoefle <rhoefle@ctlinc.com>
Subject: Re: I let the smoke out!
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 17:21:20 -0400
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your wiring hardness.  While
I can't help with the wiring hardness, check with Curt and Rick.  I am
sure they will be able to help you.

I redid my entire hardness, and added 10 ATO fuses, the newer fuses with
the 2 spade hook ups, and added relays for the hi/low beam, and a relay
for the horn.  My new elec. fuel pump had a low amp draw, so I didn't
add a relay for it.  I used the original hardness for most of the wires,
adding and subtracting for the additions that I had such as MSD, new
fuse box, relays, alternator, interior lights, etc.

If your wiring hardness is a complete loss, buy a new one, but find out
the problem first.

If it is just certain wires, take out the hardness under the dash,
unwrap the hardness, and replace the bad wires with new, soldering and
heat shrinking all connections.  Eastwood sells a new wrapping with no
adhesive, like elec. tape, that is easy to use and neat.

This takes time, patience, but can be done without too much tech ability.

If you want more on this let me know.

Good luck.

Larry