Mostly non Tiger for Rocker men.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Mostly non Tiger for Rocker men.
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:32:00 -0400
Folks,
        My wife works at the Cape and at the last
Shuttle launch the smoke from the solid boosters
blew back to the press site and on to all the cars.
The fire department trucks got a quick washing,
but NASA did not have a hose for the workers to
wash their Cars.  Of course my wife had to work
very late as she handles all of the NASA photos
that go on the internet and to the news people.
        When she finally got home the car was covered
in hard white particles about the size of a grain of
salt.  We scrubbed the car manually and then took it to
an automatic car wash, but there is still some stuff
sticking in the paint.  I guess rubbing compound is the
only hope.  Of course the car is clear coated so the
 rubbing compound may do more damage. I suspect that
part of the stuff is aluminum oxide which is very
hard.  The rest may be hydrocloric acid.
        Apparently there is no recourse with NASA as
you sign your rights away when you work there.
        My wife wanted to take the Tiger to work
that day so she could have her car serviced.  I gave
some kind of lame excuse and she drove her car.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others