Re: Hydraulic line sources

To: Jim Postle <postle.7@osu.edu>
Subject: Re: Hydraulic line sources
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 08:21:35 -0700
Jim,

Not sure what's wrong with your OSU server, but the message you sent to
Mike (presumably my original) is just full of  HTML code.  I've quoted
it below, FYI, in case this is your mail problem.

I haven't heard about Classic Tubes
(http://www.classictube.com/frames/4/index.html) until your link.  A
quick glance at their web site indicates they do seem to know that
foreign (English) hydraulic lines do NOT have the same ends as American,
using "bubble" glares, rather than "double" flares, although I would not
want those accordion bends, instead of a mandrel bend, because they just
don't look authentic, even if they fit.  That may NOT be what they
supply for the Tiger. I've forwarded your request to the list, in case
we have some direct experience out there.

Various stock lengths of straight "bubble" flare correct tubing can be
purchased from Sunbeam Specialties and  Classic Sunbeam. The lengths run
from 8" to 60" and are priced from $4.16 to $8.99 + S&H in a tube.

They do require a line bender.  These benders are available is various
qualities and prices, from professional to consumer. Sunbeam Specialties
sells a really cheap (not recommended) tube bender for $6. I have a
Multi-radius one for about $8 at Home Depot, but the professional hand
unit kind is MUCH better for complex shapes that are close together, and
not all that expensive. but each diameter tube requires it's own tube.
Fortunately, we only have one diameter.

Classic Tube pictures a lot of "accordion" pleated sections, presumably
meant for hand bending.  If the ones for the Tiger are accordion, then
they would take a fairly large container to hold the shapes. and not
very authentic for that price.  Something to checkout.

Stainless Steel Brakes may supply Tiger parts, but they are all
Stainless Steel, and quite expensive.

You can find a lot of references to Tiger Hydraulics links and maybe
some tech hints, at http://www.TigersUnited.com, (TigersUnited Info /
Links - Online Resources / Get Connected to Tiger E-Mail List) and is a
"lead you by the hand" sign up for the Tiger list, if you are not
already connected.

If your are already signed up, that HTML code will NOT go through the
list.  It must be plain text with no attachments.

Hope this helps,

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

http://www.TigersUnited.com/gallery/SteveLaifman.asp

                            _/
                     _/_/_/