Re: Generator brushes

To: hbelam@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Generator brushes
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:57:45 EDT
Harry

The NAPA brushes that fit my MK IA are Standard Motor
Product part number FX-33.  Work great. But a spare.
They are less that $5. Remember to put a strip of sand paper
around the commutator and spin the generator by hand to 'arc'
the brushes.

BTW now is the time to replace the bearings.  The back
is easy and front a bit difficult.  Clean everything up and
don't ground any screws inside.  Don;t forget to remove
the sandpaper around the cummutator.

My didn't work the first rebuild until I took it apart and
cleaned the entire cummutator with sandpaper until it
was shiny clean.  Then it worked fine.  Puts out over
13.6 volts.

Dave Johnson B382002668(still looking for a front clip), Aurora, IL