Re: Engine issue #3,002!

To: "Dr. T. Y. McDowell" <tym@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Engine issue #3,002!
From: "Chris J. Richards" <richards@northcoast.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 13:58:19 -0500
A 750 double pumper for a small block Ford is a lot.  If it was a circle
track racer with lots of breathing capacity then I would still say it is at
the upper end of what one needs.  I would go to a 600 cfm carb....with
vacuum assist secondaries.  What are the cam specs?  Where are you running
the timing at....Did you advance or retard the cam timing?  (lower small
gear of timing set)... Is your Unilite a mechanical advance unit or vaccum
assisted advance...and where is it set?   Poor idling can also be related to
having a vaccum leak.

Chris in Trinidad