RE: Engine issue #3,002!

To: "'Chris J. Richards'" <richards@northcoast.com>,
Subject: RE: Engine issue #3,002!
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 21:45:49 -0600
TYM,
It sounds as though the idle circuit may be rich and while I am with the
majority that the 750 is too large it can be made to work although it will
need to be re-jetted smaller from the factory setting. If this is a serious
motor my recommendation if you want a killer carb would be one of the Holley
"Annular Discharge" 650 race carbs with the 4 idle adjustment. Another thing
that may be causing the car to load up and foul plugs is if the power valve
has too high a numerical reading compared to what the engine creates for
vacuum at idle....well what idle you can get at 1000 RPM. Go for a 3.5 or a
4.5 rather than the factory 6.5.
Best regards,
Tim Ronak