Re: Gears (again)

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: Gears (again)
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 16:26:42 -0800
Bob Palmer wrote:

> Steve (Sage),
>
> Because of the limited space under the hood, if you use the
> Performer, might I suggest you have 1/2" milled off the carb flange and
> better yet, tilt it forward a bit too to give you a skosh more room. You can
> always add spacers later as needed. On the other hand, if you used the
> Torquer II I think you would have more room to start with.

Bob,

The Performer RPM and the F4B are nearly identical in height and the famous "a"
and "b" dimensions, and fit fine without any modifications.  There is the carb
linkage length and support bracket issue, solvable just as the LAT kit did for
the F4B.

And very keen observations on torque, rpm, and road speed that many overlook.
The torque curves on most of the modified engines I've seen, unless they are
drastic, do show an increase at the lower measure range, but this "measured
range" they plot is generally above 2500 rpm !!

> BTW Steve L., I never doubted for a minute that you still had your old slide
> rule. ;-)
>
> TTFN,
>
> Bob

Yeah, and the window extra door wind wing posts from my '66 Mustang convert.
Some people just can't throw anything away. Want some Whitworth wrenches?  They
are "Slim Jim's".

Steve L.

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

http://www.TigersUnited.com/gallery/SteveLaifman.asp

                            _/
                     _/_/_/