Problem with my Ignitor

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "alpines-list" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Problem with my Ignitor
From: "Ed Esslinger" <eee1@snowhill.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 10:28:26 -0000
 Yesterday, While driving my Alpine,(and it could happen on a Tiger too) it
suddenly developed a miss and seem to be running on only two cylinders. I
was able to limp about 30 miles home. I suspected a blown head gasket
between two of the cylinders. This morning I checked the compression and
found nothing wrong. I connected my timing light and found the Ignition to
be very erratic. Suspecting something might be wrong with the Ignitor, I
started to substitute a set of points in it's place. When I removed the
magnet timing ring.it came apart and the little loose magnets were still in
the distributor.  I removed the magnets and replaced the timing ring with
one from another of my Alpines . Now every thing is back to normal.-And it
runs GREAT-Cool Cat Eddie ,1 S3 GET,3 ESP's, 2 ESP's, 2 MAKE Tigers
Deep South Rep TE/AE