RE: Listquest & Electrics question - RESOLVED

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Listquest & Electrics question - RESOLVED
From: "Richard Flynn" <rflynn@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 21:23:36 -0000
Just a note to those who offered advise on my problem.  To refresh memories, my
Tiger was non-starting; whenever a load was applied
to the electrics beyond just turning the key to get the fuel pump on line, all
the electrics went dead.  Isolating the starter
seemed to make things better.

Well, since I could only work on the car on weekends, of course the battery
decided to go dead.  That was a one week delay getting
that charged up again, etc.  Once that was operational again, checking the
starter and the solenoid showed up the following
problems:

- starter & connections a bit loose
- all solenoid connections very loose

Tightened 'em up, started first try.