Re: Engine issue #3,002!

To: "Dr. T. Y. McDowell" <tym@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Engine issue #3,002!
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 07:51:35 -0500
Tym,
        Had a similar problem.  Idle OK, backfireing at 50 MPH
under light load, OK under WOT.  Broken stop in vacuum advance
was applying too much advance at light load.

        Another problem at another time.  Idle OK, Light load
OK, Backfiring at WOT.  Not enough fuel pressure. Jets too
small.

At 10:29 AM 10/29/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Tigers,
>I've had an ongoing problem with my new 302 engine fouling spark plugs.
>After a very short period of running time the car is acting like the
>plugs are fouled again (backfiring under throttle through the carb and
>exhaust, but idling lovely).  I took it out yesterday and ran out of
>road.  It seems like it wants to clear itself up but doesn't.
>
>This morning I pulled the plugs on # 1 and 2 - they're fine.

>Tym McDowell

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others