Re: Veneered Dash

To: Hal436@aol.com
Subject: Re: Veneered Dash
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 18:14:50 -0500
Hal, I did my dash with burled walnut, from Constantines in NY.  Their
product is excellent, the wood is beautiful, like the original wood, and
they have a veneer that has a backing, that will prevent the cracking
that happened to the original wood.  They also have a veneer glue that
does not require a press, like normal glues, that works.  Be sure to use
a finish that has a UV inhibitor.

BTW, it took me 16 coats till I was happy with the finish, because it
kept getting lint, etc on the finish.  If you do it, I will tell you how
I finally came up with the final finish I liked.  I tried everything
under the sun, with tips from the pros, included.

Real secret.  Private postings only.

Larry