Re: photo source

To: Laifman@flash.net
Subject: Re: photo source
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:55:04 -0500
At 11:41 AM 11/28/2000 -0800, Steve Laifman wrote:
>Having established that I am NOT the authority, I have had some advice.
>There is a difference between "plagiarism", which could involve passing
>someone else's non protected work off as your own (like in term papers)
>and violation of a copywrite.

You clearly are not the attorney in the family!  "Plagarism" and
"copyright" (note spelling) are effectively the same thing.

The extension of copyright came in the 1980's and is of some legal question
as to whether this affects older works.

But, if it were me, I'd be really leery of reproducing something printed in
the 1960's without the written permission of the copyright holder.

Marc James Small
Attorney-at-Law

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!