Ammeter cured

To: alpines@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Ammeter cured
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 08:04:16 -0800
Yes, it was user error.  I had the ammeter wired incorrrectly.  Oddly
enough, the ammeter has been wired the same way for 8 years and always
seemed to read ok (going above 30 on start up, dropping down to a little
over 0 after a few minutes).  Then when I swapped in the new alternator,
with no change to the wiring, pow, it started reading odd - or actually
correctly for the way it was wired.  I have no answer why all those years
it wasn't reading "correctly" for the way it was wired.   After this
relief, I really don't know that I care!

I'm just glad that I don't have to worry anymore that I'm over charging my
battery and it's about to blow up behind my head.

Thanks to all who helped.

Jay