Interior Questions

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interior Questions
From: "Frank Marrone" <marrone@wco.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:53:14 -0800
Hi,

I've been putting some of the interior back in the Tiger (finally) and I've
got tons of questions.  I've been able to figure out a lot of stuff by
looking in books and on the web but I sure wish there were more images of
finer detail in those references.  I know the interior kit is going to be an
adventure, there were no instructions available for the carpet or panel
kits.  Has anyone published instructions for installing these kits, maybe in
a club news letter or tech tip? Should the gas pedal have a rubber pad?  It
looks kind of naked besides the brake and gas pedals.  The carpet kit I have
supplies a piece of carpet for the parcel shelf and the interior kit did not
come with the "heat seamed vinyl pad" shown in norms book (which a copy of
just sold for $455 on eBay, YIKES!).  Is that the way of it or is this pad
commonly available to restorers?  Also, I seem to have misplaced the coupler
assembly on the vent box (MK I style) for vent control cable attachment,
anyone have an idea where to obtain a substitute?

 I did not get an answer from the list on the turn signal stem finish, I
won't ahead and installed the black one because the chrome was FUBAR on the
other one.  It would be interesting to know what other cars around B9471116
have.

Enough for now, thanks!

Frank
B9471116