inquiry 121200b

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 121200b
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:17:20 -0600
Tiger Folk!
        Since getting my new daily driver, I've been checking out Miata.net;
it's a big group, almost 7,000 members. A few days ago, someone (no, not
me!) started a topic on Sunbeam Tigers. And then, another guy posts the
following:

"I owned a 60 Alpine in 64. The Tiger was way faster IN STRAIGHT LINE, just
don't try to turn too sharply. All in all compared to a Miata they're all
POSs. And my 96 [Miata]@18psi boost will eat a Tiger for lunch in a drag AND
turn inside it all day long. The "good old days"? Give me todays automobiles
any day. NOW a 64 XKE? That's a different story...."

        Sounds like a challenge. Anyone down Texas way (that's where the
fellow is) want to pick up the gauntlet? I've had my Mazda for about 4
months now, a nice car, and a sweet handler, but out _drag_ a strong Tiger?
A stock one, sure...

Lawrence R. Wright
"I can't get no-- Satis-Traction"