RE; Panhard Rod (more ?)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE; Panhard Rod (more ?)
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 08:08:34 -0800
Thank you John, Steve, Theo and Tom for responding. Regarding moving the rod
to the left side would this not make for a much shorter rod and a
significantly greater angle change when it moves or are you implying that
the bracket on the axle tube be moved also? Regarding lowering the mount
1-1/2" on the chassis end, since it was stated it was put where it was for
clearance problems would I possibly encounter those same problems by
lowering it. The rearend is out of the car now and there never was a panhard
rod from the P.O. so its hard to visualize. Seems if a rod would work from
both ends why not use two and have a poor mans watts linkage (well I'm only
half serious about that). Thanks, Happy Holidays, Tom Witt B9470101