342 dyno

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: 342 dyno
From: cvaught@hawaii.rr.com
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 08:50:30 -1000
well today i got my 342 to the dyno. the first pull only made 258 hp and i
nearly
cried. we tuned it to get 294 hp @ 5500 rpm and max torque of 297 @ 5000 rpm.
i was hoping for at least 330 hp. the owner of the shop said my injectors were
to big and offered to change tehm for me. he said if the car did not pick up
30 hp he would change them back and all for no charge! the good news is that
although we spent 3 hours on the dyno with no less then 10 pulls he only charged
me $75. the final tune was fuel pressure at 36# and timing at 10*. we tried
to bump the timing to 14* but it was pinging. they also said my distributor
was acting "funny" the total advance was only 27*. well a new exhaust is on
order as well as a mallory hifire ignition.
later
chris

66 Sunbeam Tiger, 289, Performer RPM intake & cam, Holley 600 DP, Mallory
ignition, aluminum radiator, 4 speed toploader, centerforce gold clutch,
headers & flowmasters

88GT ready to install: CHP 342, 58cc AFR 185's, Holley SysteMax II intake, Pro
magnum Rockers, ED cam, Pro-M 77, 38# Lucas injectors, Walbro 317 255lph pump,
Romac, A9L, 3.73's, Aluminum driveshaft, 70mm Accufab throttle body and FPR