Re: E-Mail me off the list

To: "Fraser, Ron" <Ron.Fraser@usa.xerox.com>
Subject: Re: E-Mail me off the list
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:48:18 -0500
Thanks Bob and Ron.  Bob, I am going to read your article on the United list.

As I mentioned, I have a 1990 5.0L with a T-5.  The stock engine has a
roller cam, and I added Crane 1:7 roller rockers, but it still has the
stock valve springs.  Differential is a 3.54 posi.

Dyno yielded 237 hp at 5200 rpm, and 287 'lbs or torque at the rear
wheels.  MSD 6000 rpm chip was bad, and cutting out at 5200 rpm, so dyno
guy did not take it higher, but I think can was running out of steam.

I have added valve springs before, using a length of rope stuffed in the
spark plug hole to hold the valves up. Didn't have lots of money when I
was a kid, but it worked.

I don't know if this engine with good springs and stock cam, can rev to
6500 rpm as I wonder if the cam has run out of steam. I have run it up
to the 6000 rpm rev limiter, and no problems.

Larry