Shelby Tale

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shelby Tale
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 17:40:33 -0800
Tigers,

I can not vouch for this story's accuracy, but it sure was interesting.

The story goes that a young English lady was tooling her Jaguar E type
at a very rapid pace through the English countryside, her hair flying in
the wind.  In her rear view mirror she saw a Sunbeam Alpine turn on to
her road from a crossing. When she looked again, the Alpine was much
closer.  She smiled, and let the Jag have it's head.  As the revs
mounted, and the countryside streamed by at a much more rapid pace, she
was astonished to see that the Alpine was not only still in her rear
view mirror, but was even closer.

Her teeth were pressed harder together as she clenched her jaw in a
determined manner and put the pedal to the floor.  The rev's were
climbing rapidly now, and the Alpine was even closer.  When she had far
exceeded the safe speed for the country road, topping the century mark
some miles back, she let off the loud pedal, slowed to the side of the
road, and parked.  The Alpine was just behind her, and a good looking
man was getting out and coming towards her.  She exited the Jag and went
to meet him.

"How in the world", she demanded, "could you be so fast in that
Alpine?"  The man said, in an accented voice, "Mam, that's no Alpine,
that's a Tiger. I could have passed you, but it wouldn't have been
polite."

And that, I've been told, is how Carroll Shelby met his new wife.

Well, as I said, that's the way I heard it.  Any confirmation out there
for what is a wonderful story.  Could've been made into a movie.  Maybe
it was?

Steve

--
Steve Laifman        < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/