Electric Fan Wiring

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Electric Fan Wiring
From: "Mark Meswarb" <meswarb@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 12:10:15 -0600
Listers,

I installed an electric fan and thought I had my wiring scheme all figured
out.  Then I started second-guessing myself.  I'm running a thermostatic
switch and planned to only have it powered when the ignition is in the 'on'
position. The starter relay looked handy, but if I hook off this will I get
a full 12 volts to the fan?  Could it have adverse affects on my ignition?

I know with the thermostatic switch, I could just wire it hot, but I don't
like leaving things on when the car is off.

Thanks for your help,
Mark